Sunday, October 14, 2018

Inspired by Words

Every year my FiberWorks group puts on a themed show at the Newtown Library. This year the theme was Inspired by Words. I blogged about my entry here. The show was hung while I was in Italy and I finally got over to see it last weekend and am finally getting around to posting the pictures.
Everyone's piece was mounted on a  30" x 30" black canvas to give show cohesiveness. They are all perfectly square, of course. It's just my bad photos that make them look wonky.

I took a shot of everyone's artist statement and they will follow each quilt. Enjoy!


























I was so busy taking a picture of Ruthie next to her quilt that I neglected to take a picture of her artist statement. Her quilt is call Trees, inspired by Joyce Kilmer's famous poem.












The show is at the Cyrenius Booth Library on Main Street in Newtown, CT. and will be up until October 28.









No comments: