Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Using those napkins

You may recall that I dyed umpteen vintage napkins awhile ago. Last night one of my book clubs had its annual pot luck dinner. We read a book with recipes, usually a memoir, and then everyone makes something from the book. We always have it at my house because I have a big deck, perfect for alfresco dining. We hope for a good weather day and last night was absolutely perfect. Last year it was super hot and humid, so we ate inside and one year it rained.

I set up two tables and used the six vintage placemats that I had shibori dyed and paired them with some shibori napkins. I only had six of those placemats so the other table had purchased placemats with matching napkins. No picture of those.



I should have taken pictures of the food. It was a feast! Last night's book was "Delancey: A Man, A Woman, A Restaurant, a Marriage " by Molly Wizenberg. The book was pretty good but not the best that we had read, but it did have great recipes.





No comments: