Thursday, June 1, 2017

Sun # 7

The card that I picked for June was Positive/ Negative and I knew immediately what I wanted to do.


My first choice of fabrics was gold and silver lamÄ—, but when I put it up on the design wall they just sort of blended into each other. So I went back to my Duponi silks.





I used metallic silver and gold thread to outline the faces and black thread in a free-motion satin stitch.




I did a free-motion straight stitch for the rays. 

I don't know what prompt I will have next, but I want to do another one with a lot of machine stitching. I am having such a good time with these faces.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Fridays. Go check it out and leave some comments so the artists will know you have visited.

5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Norma,
This is stunning - I saw the small thumbnail and just had to come read about your project. I love you fabric and stitching choices. You did a fabulous job! ~smile~
Roseanne

Linda M said...

The dupioni is perfect for this, love the stitching.

Susan Lenz said...

Greetings from South Carolina!
I adore this design but also the fact that it is constructed in the vibrancy of dupioni silk. Great work! Thanks too for commenting on my blog!
Susan

quiltedfabricart said...

What a great design! Where are getting the prompts? Is it a group project or something you are doing yourself? I love the challenge of using prompts as well.

Norma Schlager said...

Yes, it is a group challenge. Everyone chose a theme or object to use each month. We all put techniques or themes in a bag and we each choose one each month to apply to our own. I have always loved Sunday Morning on CBS and chose that as my theme. I also like challenge, even if they are my own.