Sunday, July 24, 2016

Tiny Surprise


If you've followed my blog, you may recall my fondness for succulents. I love the wide variety of color and texture and their ease of care, but most people who grow them don't grow them for their flowers, which are few and far between. So I was surprised to see this charming little daisy-like flower on one of the plants.



It was on a plant in a pot of plants that I was trying to root and apparently they are rooting just fine.




You can see from this pictures that it is a mish-mash of plants, none of them very attractive right now and yet this little flower did its best to spruce things up.





In this container of more established plants you can see a larger version of that same plant on the far right.




Here's a close-up of it looking a lot like pipe organs to me with their hollowed out tips. I have never had one of these bloom before and wonder why the scraggly little new one did. One of those mysteries of nature, but I will take what I can get.

We're having very hot weather here in the North East and I am so grateful for my AC. I do any gardening or walking early in the morning before it gets too steamy, but hey, it's summer and before we know it we'll be complaining about the snow.

Happy Summer!




1 comment:

Jean Campbell said...

Sometimes a plant that you've taken for granted is growing for foliage only, will just surprise you. It must be happy.