Wednesday, May 18, 2016

By a Thread, part 2

I'll show you a few more that caught my eye, but am leaving a lot to see if you can get to the show. It will be up until June 19, open from Wed.-Sun. from 12 to 4, with gallery talks every Sunday by featured artists.



This was one of my favorite pieces in the show, The Red Boat by Jennifer Coyle Queen. Her favorite Medium is teabags and these panels use those teabags, a digital print of a photo taken by the artist and thread. This was a rather large piece, as you can see by the shoulder of a viewer.  Detail below.




Here is Sooo-z Mastropietro with other of her fabulous jersey tube pieces. This time she covered a whole Chippendale style chair. What can she not do with those tubes?






Red Curve by Jenny Walker. See a peek of my red quilt above it. There is a lot of red in this room.



Stuck on Band-Aids by Peggy Dembicer, the same artist whose piece I purchased at the CT Scissorhands show.



These three pieces by Steven Needham really blew me away. The label only said cotton thread, so I'm not sure if they were petit point or embroidery. Either way they were fantastic. Titles are: top to bottom: Shaky One, George,  and Ben.


                                                      Detail of George.



Hopefully this will whet your appetite to see more and you will visit the show if you can.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

This looks like a fabulous show, congratulations on being included. I'd love to see the tube pieces and the tea bag one in person,wow!