Wednesday, April 27, 2016

New Art

I know I said in my last post that I would show you some more from "Connecticut Scissorhands", but I realized  that I didn't get the names of all of them and I don't like to put art only blog without acknowledging the artist.

BUT, I also said that would would show you my new purchase from the show. It was on the cover of the show postcard and I admired it then, but when I saw it in person, I fell in love. It just spoke to me and I loved the technique, bead-weaving, something about which I know nothing.



Common Threads by Peggy Dembicer.  It is beautifully double matted and framed.




Here you can see the beading. Peggy tried to explain how she made it, but since I know little about weaving,  it was a little over my head. The three women sewing together were inspired by a painting she had seen at a museum. The golden needle and threads were her idea.

I've always sewn and that was part of what spoke to me in this piece.







Peggy, standing next to her piece, gives you an idea of the size. I'm pretty sure that I know right where I will put it when I get it home after the show. I will be taking down something else to make room. 

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

quiltedfabricart said...

Wonderful piece! Especially since it is made with a process that is totally foreign to me as well. I like how she put the needle and thread. I can't see the beading though, is it in the edges?

I looked at your last post and your copper piece is amazing! You are very lucky to have a group like that. One of the only drawbacks of living in Vermont - not much as far as fiber groups ect. There is one quilt guild but they are all about traditional quilts and while I do admire them, it's not where I'm at. Oh well. That's why I love Nina's Friday link up.

Sarah said...

What a great addition to your collection. I can understand why you fell for it!

nguyenhuong said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.