Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Houston, Part 3

A few more that caught my eye.


 This huge exhibit, Shower Trees, was all made by the same person, Katley Nakajma.  I couldn't get the whole thing in, no matter how far back I stood.  I think there were 10 panels


The workmanship was extraordinary.


If you follow my blog, you will have seen my button piece, so I was inthralled by this all-button quilt in the Embellished Category.  Shame on me for not getting the artist.  If you know who it is, please let me know.

You had to stand way back to see the succulent.  I think it was about 16" square.  I know how much work my 12" square was, so I was very impressed.  It did not ribbon, but I thought it should have.




Many, many buttons and beads.



One of the great things about Festival is meeting up with old friends and blog buddies.  Here we are having lunch at the Mexican restaurant in the Hilton.
L to R: Linda Minton, Maggie Winfield in one of her fabulous outfits that she makes from recycled thrift shop finds, me, and my sister, Ruth.


What is it about feathers that is so appealing?  I've often thought of making a feather quilt.  I have some neat stencils and a few real feathers.  I actually have made a small feather quilt where I played with a macro shot of a feather in Photo Shop and then printed on fabric.  I really liked the results.  Now seeing this beauty makes me want to do more.


Look at the beautiful quilting!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so enjoying all your recaps! I love seeing all the beautiful things that strike people especially since I didn't get to go! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Wow what stunning quilts! You have captured the beaded quilt beautifully in your photo! And the colours and quilting on the feather quilt is fantastic!