Friday, June 19, 2015

Note Cards

Taking yet another tip from my friend, Donna, who had a very successful show a few weeks ago, I made up sets of note cards to sell at my show.  Donna sold over 60 sets, but I am not that optimistic and only had 20 made up.  I had then done through Vista Prints and they were quite easy to do.



I chose quilts that were colorful and looked good in this orientation.  Some of my favorites weren't successful, but I was pleased with this assortment.




I had the name of the quilt on the back each card.





This paper with thumbnails of each quilt goes in the back of the package.  I put them in archival clear plastic bags that I bought at Michaels and they are a perfect fit.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Great idea!

quiltedfabricart said...

Good idea! Thank you for sharing this. I've often thought of doing something like that. I saw a notice for your show on twitter that someone (I think SAQA) tweeted. So exciting! Good luck and hopefully you can relax and enjoy it. I would be a nervous wreck but that's the introvert in me screaming - lol!

quiltedfabricart said...

Just curious, I just went to the vista site to check it out. It looks like you can get as few as 10 cards made but do all the cards of that 10 print job have to be the same photo? It looks like you have a variety. And how did you get the thumbnails? Did you do like 5 different print jobs of 10 to get 10 packs of 4 variety cards and the thumbnail? I really love this idea and your quilt choices are perfect .

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

wonderful cards!! I should do that too, but do you think I'll ever get to it. Think about putting contact info on the back of the card too, email or website and blog site. Keep the good word flowing as the cards get used and sent to people

Kathy said...

Great looking packs--I think you chose wisely! Hope you sell out of those 'cause it's a really good idea!

Sarah said...

They look really good, I'm sure they will be a success !

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

The cards look great. Vista print has really good prices and does quick work. Agree with the other comment about adding contact info - I'd add just one simple line listing your website. Also, good to know Michaels has those plastic bags - I always wondered where to find those!

Maxine Oliver said...

I have been thinking to do the same thing for the Gallery here on the Island. Just haven't decided whether or not to do them of my quilts or some of the photos of the Low country that I've been taking. Leaning towards the photos

ann said...

Sorry I missed your show. It looks WONDERFUL! You are a very talented lady. Really hope you sell one or two off the wall.