Tuesday, May 19, 2015

We've Been Framed!

That is the name of the show that is currently hanging at the third floor gallery at the Mahopac Library in Mahopac, NY.  It is put on by FANE, of which I am a member.  The parameters were a little unusual.  We were to pick a frame that did not exceed 18 inches in width and could be any dimension in length and paint it a glossy navy blue (we all used the same brand and color).  Then were were to make a piece that would hang within the frame,  but have no less than1 1/2 inches  between the art and the frame.  You'll understand better when you see the pictures.


The reception was this past Sunday and it was a spectacular Spring day, which might account for the smaller crowd than we usually get for our openings.  It was a glorious day for golf or gardening, but those in attendance had a great time anyway.  Wonderful company, fabulous art and good food and wine.

I took a lot of pictures, but am only showing a few here.  Hopefully I'll get them all up on the FANE blog soon, but right now I am so busy trying to get some new small art made for my show at the end of June.


This was my piece, Fractured IV.  I wanted to have a very abstract piece inside an ornate frame.  The walls were very fine cork and here you can see how the art is suspended within the frame.


The view looking down the hall showing just part of the show.


 And a few more.  The diversity was amazing, since there was no theme.  The piece just had to fit within the frame. The show is up until June 5, so please stop by if you can.

Please hop over to Cindy's blog where she shows pictures of them all.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

4 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Norma, I just read about your solo show!!! I am so impressed and happy for you! Really great news.
LeeAnna

helenek said...

What a great idea for a challenge. I hope to get up and see the show.

Vivien Zepf said...

Love these pictures of the installation! So happy to see how everything was exhibited.

Regina B Dunn said...

Great concept for a show and the frame for yours is fantastic.