Monday, September 1, 2014

Quilting Finished

I had to put this away for awhile, but I was able to get it quilted and faced over the weekend.


SW 8, Yellow to Red
I was pleased with the way the quilting came out.  Since this is a small piece, only 21 x 24, it was a good candidate for this swoopy quilting using a walking foot.



Detail


I like my backs to coordinate with the fronts, even if they won't be seen.  In this case it really won't be seen since this piece is for my FiberWorks group show in October, in which all pieces have to be attached to a 24 x 30 inch artist canvas.  I am covering the canvas in an ombre fabric.  I'm doing that next and I'll show you when I'm finished.

4 comments:

Quilt+Bitch said...

Love this quilt and your quilting surely complements it. What do you mean that you "faced" the quilt?

Norma Schlager said...

By facing I mean that the binding is wrapped around to the back so that it doesn't show.

Martha Ginn said...

Love the "swoopy quilting" on this piece. I just used a similar type on my latest piece but like having a name for it. ha-ha

Linda M said...

The quilting is really adds to the piece.