Saturday, April 12, 2014

FANE at Etui

The fiber art group, FANE, of which I am a member is currently having a show, Architectural Elements, at Etui, a wonderful little fiber shop/gallery in Larchmont, NY.  The front of the shop is a gallery with great lighting and room for many small works to be displayed.  I was unable to make the opening of the show last Friday evening due to prior commitments so today I took the opportunity to drive over (about an hour each way) to see the show.  I was delighted with what I saw.  Even though I had previously seen most of the works at a meeting, it's always a treat to see them hang in a gallery setting.





When you walked in the door, this was the first thing you saw.  That is my quilt on the far right, with Nike and Renee to the left of me.  I took individual pictures of all the quilts and plan to get them up on the FANE blog within the next couple of days.




Favela 14" x 16"
If you look closely at the label beneath my quilt you will see that wonderful little red dot. We all know what that means.....SOLD.  However in this case it may or may not be sold.  Apparently a gentleman at the opening really liked it and asked the shop owner, Julie, to hold it until he could bring his wife in with him for final approval.  Well, the shop has not heard back from him in spite of a couple of phone calls. But here's where the plot thickens.  As I was walking into the shop a woman was also entering with her young daughter and they walked directly to my quilt and I could hear them saying nice things about it. I talked to the owner and looked at the other quilts and took photos and when I got back to my quilt the same woman and child were looking at mine again.  I told her that it was mine and that it may or may not be sold.  So she took my information and phone number and, who knows, perhaps she will get to take it home.  According to Julie my piece has been quite popular. That was nice to hear.




The show will run through the end of the month so if you are in the area, it is well worth the visit.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How very exciting. I'm not surprised your quilt has a red dot next to it. And if their man and his wife doesn't buy it there is still plenty of time before the end of the show for a another red dot!

Linda M said...

How exciting, and having a backup buyer just in case makes it even better. Congratulations.

Regina B Dunn said...

Favela is so reminiscent of places I've seen. It's wonderful. I hope you make the sale.