Monday, January 6, 2014

The Grand Finale


On Saturday my friends and I braved the frigid weather and ventured into NYC to see the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center. We had had these rather expensive tickets for quite awhile and we were so glad that they weren't for Friday when we had a nasty snow storm.  By Saturday the roads were fairly clear and Liz, who loves to drive in the city (not me!) didn't mind at all.

I've seen a few versions of the Nutcracker including the ones that the local ballet schools offer, but there is nothing like seeing a professional performance and the one put on by the New York City Ballet company is one of the best.  I never get tired of the music and the NYC Ballet orchestra is fabulous.The costumes were beautiful and the dancing was splendid.  In my next life I want to be a ballerina, says she who has never even been able to touch her toes.

We had lunch at PJ Clark's right across the street from LC.  We chose it because of its proximity since we didn't want to have to walk too far in the cold.  I probably added to my Christmas weight gain by having Oysters Rockefeller, tomato bisque and warm bread pudding with whipped cream.
It was a great day and a lovely finale to the season.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I only went to Lincoln Ctr once and saw the ballet.....it was beyond my wildest expectations....and the orchestra was superb....A truly memorable experience. How wonderful that you were able to go again. I need to repeat the things that are highlights in my memory. Thx for the nudge.