Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Finished Piecing

I think I did as much as I can do with the piecing.  Those few diagonal lines that I had put in at the very beginning made it difficult to put in any more lines.  Hitting an intersection that already had a diagonal crossing was very hard to avoid and those are murder to piece with these very narrow strips. I had thought that I would make this 12" square, but I hate to cut off any more that I have to, so it will be about 17" square.  Now I have to decide how to quilt it.  I don't think that my usual free motion quilting will do. It's just too busy, so I will probably quilt it in straight lines, maybe a grid.  Not sure what color thread to use, maybe white. I only have one narrow scrap to practice on.


3 comments:

Linda M said...

Looks good!

Kathleen Loomis said...

Norma -- you've done a great job of keeping the underlying print visible, while adding an interesting new layer of red. I love it!

Martha Ginn said...

Eager to see the quilting, but I hope it is white and straight lines on the print and red thread on the red strips. Who am I to tell you how you should do it???!!!