Monday, December 10, 2012

Renga Finale

As promised, here are my final Renga pieces. I had started out with one half yard of white fabric which I pole-scrunched on the diagonal and put in a turquoise dye.


At the first meeting it was cut in half and given to two people to put on another layer.
One person added the black bubble wrap stamping.  At the next meeting that was cut in half again and the piece on the left had white stamping added with a doily.  On the right the circle stamps were added.




At the first meeting the person who got the second half drew these beautiful fish, thinking that the turquoise shibori reminded her of water. At the next meeting the one on the left had sea grass added, keeping with the water theme.  On the right there are subtle bubbles and chop marks.

I think it would be fun to see if I can cut these fabrics even further and make a new piece with all of them.  Just rearranging these four pieces gives me some ideas.  What do you think?

No comments: