Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Home Again

L to R: Mickey, me, Claire, Ruth (my sister), Elizabeth

If you follow my blog, you may have been wondering where I've been for the last two and a half weeks. The last two "Wordless Wednesdays" were done before I left for my big trip to South America. Here we are, the Fearless Five, who have traveled all over the world together.  We left on October 28, missing Super Storm Sandy by one day.  If it had been the 29th, our flight would have been cancelled for sure and I don't know what would have happened to our trip.  That all seems so trivial when compared to what happened to so many.  We were able to watch CNN and BBC who did give a fair amount of coverage, mainly showing New Jersey and NYC. Of course we all worried about friends and family back home. Watching the devastation from so far away, knowing that we were only seeing the minimal was surreal. Thankfully none of us were directly involved.  My complex did have some wind damage with shingles and siding, but we didn't even lose power. Others in the area did lose power, some for eight days and school was cancelled for the week.

We got home yesterday and as usual after a big trip, I was wiped out.  I took a lot of pictures and will post a few of the highlights in the next few days.

No comments: