Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Colorful Show, Part 2

Here are a few more of the quilts from the FANE show at the Mahopac Library, running though September 27, A Colorful Show.

Barbara Drillick's, A Box Of Chocolates, done with her usual precision piecing and great use of prints.


Vivien Zeph's Rex Ray Gray inspired by the painter Rex Ray's # 2754.


Nancy Mirman's all black quilt. I know it looks like shades of gray here, but it was all different blacks and many different fabrics and textures, accented by black and silver beads. It was stunning!


Andrea Shedlefsky's beautiful piece uses hand painted silks and cottons and exquisite hand sewing and bead work. See detail below.

That's it for now. Try to get to see the show if you can and see what I left out. There are many more stunning works of art to discover, including some more of my favorites.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Enjoying the quilt show....I could almost identify those of friends, even before seeing their names.
Glad you're back home and looking forward to all the pictures....Paul has wanted to do that trip so he will be interested in the details.
And yes, Janet would use that word ...... and be the only one who really knows what it means. That's one of the first things I remembered about her many many years ago, her extensive vocabulary......and I enjoy words so she is always challenging my brain.