Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Field of Flags

When I went to church Saturday evening in my neighboring town of Brookfield, CT, where I lived for 30 years before moving to my current house 9 years ago, I was greeted by this on the lawns of the Congregational Church across the street from my church. It literally took by breath away. I went back yesterday with my camera and took a lot of pictures, but it was impossible to capture the scope of the event. Every inch of the front and side lawns of this small church in the center of town was covered with these little flags waving in the breeze.




The pictures speak for themselves, but it certainly gives you food for thought.







1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing the poignant pictures. Of course, I know that corner well and can only imagine the visual and emotional impact. Sue