Thursday, May 13, 2010

Japanese Garden

One of the many things that we did on my visit to Portland, OR was visit the Japanese Gardens. I had been there before, but that was in November. It was beautiful then, but now with the azaleas and rhododendrons blooming, it was even more spectacular. I thought it was just as lovely as any garden I had seen it Japan. Everywhere you looked was a photo-op and I took a lot of pictures. I will spare you and only show a few, but it was hard to pick. If you go to their website, you can see more magnificent pictures. Be sure to look at it in the different seasons. Winter is breathtaking! Please remember to click on each picture for a larger view.






3 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Lovely!

Maxine Oliver said...

Beautiful

Sue said...

This is absolutely the most perfect place. I have been there a couple of times, the last in June of 08. We walked up the long winding path to the top and meandered in silence for most of it. One lady was crouched behind a bush, whispering into her phone (they don't welcome phones) so that she wouldn't disturb anyone. The pictures never do it justice but yours are close. It is my favorite place in that area....then the hike to the top of Multnomah Falls. Hope to get out there soon. Sue