Thursday, March 26, 2009

Color, Color, Color

I've frequently been asked what inspires me to make a quilt. Many things do, but very often it is just a color or color combination that get me going. Right now these blues and rusts from my hand dyed stash are speaking to me. I've had them spread out on my work table for a couple of days and a plan is taking form. I hope to start on it this weekend.


I will most likely use some of these batiks, also from my stash, in small amounts. I'll post some photos when I've made some progress.

2 comments:

LoieJ said...

Those ARE lovely combinations. I didn't used to like blue and orange together until I discovered the various subtle and not so subtle variations of orange. blue has always been a winner for me.

Vivien Zepf said...

Ooo, can't wait to see what you create!