Monday, September 8, 2008

Succulents Revisted

This past Saturday our Fiber Revolution show in Stamford, CT was cancelled due to the impending remnants of the hurricane.  I decided to make good use of this "found time" and finish up the quilting on this little quilt.  I had done a similar one a few weeks ago, but that one is going to the Silent Auction at Quilt Festival in Houston, never to be seen by me again.  I wanted to have one for my portfolio so I made this one.  It's a slightly different format and a little bigger, 26" x 18".  It uses the same digitally altered photos of Hens and Chicks, a garden succulent, and my hand dyed fabrics. You can see those pictures on my Aug. 17 blog, Succulent Succulents.


Here is a detail.



I like the way the quilting shows up on the back.  Click on each picture for a better view.  

  


 

8 comments:

Karen Newman Fridy said...

That's one of my most favorite color pallettes...beautiful...and the quilting looks great!

Anonymous said...

Norma,
What a beautiful piece. If only we had the time to make doubles of all our favorites:)
Robin

Sherryl said...

I love this one too. I need to figure out how to do it.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

That is just gorgeous! And wow the quilting really gives if flare.

Anonymous said...

what an awesome quilt. I LOVE it......

Lora Martin said...

I just love these hens and chicks pieces and thanks so much for sharing the red show. What a talented group and a great show.

Vivien Zepf said...

Wow! It's wonderful.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Norma ... Beautiful!!!