Monday, July 8, 2019

My Lady

I purchased this lady head planter a few years ago and she resides on my front porch for the warm months. I always try to plant something that resembles hair. For a couple of years I did Creeping Jenny and that grew so rapidly that I had to give her periodic haircuts. But for the past couple of years I have used succulents. They don't need as much watering and stay nice and neat.

The succulents that I chose this year were different than last year.


I'm not crazy about the tall plant in the back. I have already cut it back, but it's not doing what I wanted it to do and I may replace it.



But I LOVE this succulent and the way it is hugging her head as it grows and cascades down. Succulents are not known for their flowers and rarely have them. When I purchased this plant back in May it had one teeny, tiny red flower and I thought it was a one time thing. But it keeps getting more. They close up at night and open during they day. So charming!



I also try to have one big plant on the right side of her head that looks a bit like a fascinator, those small hats that some Brits wear to weddings, when they are not sporting huge hats.

The flowers are growing like crazy in my gardens and containers. We had a cool rainy Spring and beginning of Summer, but now it is glorious, hot and sunny most days.

No comments: