Saturday, June 9, 2012

Remembering

When Jersey Boys first came out, I wasn't anxious to see it.  I'm not sure why, but there were other plays that appealed to me more, but everyone that I knew who had seen it raved about it.  So this week when the Woman's Club took their spring trip into NYC I decided it would be a good time to get tickets, since they were now on the bargain ticket line.  Only $78 instead of the usual $138, such a bargain!

It also was coincidental that my 50th (gasp) college reunion is coming up next month and these songs were the ones that were around in my high school and college days.  Although I don't remember being a Frankie Valli fan, I certainly do remember those songs....Earth Angel, Big Girls Don't Cry, Who Wears Short Shorts, My Boyfriend's Back, and many more, so it was a thoroughly enjoyable show; not one of my all-time favorites, but very entertaining.

My friend, Mary, and I  had lunch first at a fabulous little French restaurant, Le Revage, where I had frog's legs for the first time in about 20 years.  They were done to perfection with the prerequisite amount of garlic and butter. Divine! I will be sure to make a return visit.


1 comment:

Martha Ginn said...

Any trip into NYC for live theatre is exciting, and I can just hear these songs! Let me recommend a sweet movie for anyone who loves NYC--Little Manhattan. You get lots of travel from a 10-year-old boy's perspective. And your ears are not assaulted with the language.
Be sure to see my blueberry harvest on my blog. my name at blogspot.com.
Martha Ginn