Saturday, February 18, 2012

Brown Planet Progress

I've done a little bit of work on Brown Planet (see last post). I made a lot of little pieced sections on the left hand side and put them up on the wall in no particular order, just to see if I had enough to fill the area. I also recut some of the big sections to tighten it up. I don't want those off-white strips in between the big pieces to be more than 1 inch wide, so I had to make some of the big pieces bigger. I don't know if that make sense, but it does to me.

Now I'm ready to start piecing. I think I will piece the big semicircle first and then worry about how to incorporate the background.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love the fact that I saw this "live" and altho it looks great in the photo, it is much more dimensional and impressive in person. I'm sure that Norma will invite you all over for tea and a viewing !!!!

Vivien Zepf said...

I hope to see it "live" one day. It looks really cool now! Are you planning to include any of the smaller pieced areas to the interior of the semicircle?

Judy Rys said...

The love the way you have changed the scale of the pieces. I'm not sure if you intend to leave the left side jagged, but I hope so. It adds a lot of interest.

Cindy Green said...

Wow! Very ambitious, taking on a second large piece! Can't wait to see how it unfolds!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Norma. This is a marvelous piece--very interesting how you're cutting up fabric and working it around.
best, nadia