Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fiber Revolution Show

Yesterday two of my quilting buds and I drove to Morristown, NJ to see the Fiber Revolution show, Thoughts Visualized. I am an alumna of the group which consists of artists from five of the North Eastern states. The group exhibits frequently but I thought that this space was one of the best I had seen. The show was in a large room of the museum with ample space for the quilts to be viewed properly and excellent light. I am only going to show you three of the quilts to perhaps whet your appetite and entice you to visit the show, which runs through October 16.

You would swear that this quilt, Squared Illusions, by Gloria Hansen was three dimensional, but it was not. Gloria is a master of digital technology and she has brought her prodigious skills to her fiber art. She has won many major awards for her work and has written a book, Digital Essential.


I loved the colors in this piece, Windfall, by Meltta VanderBrooke. She paints some of her fabric and likes to use nature as her inspiration.


We were intrigued by Wen Redmond's piece, Flown. The label below explains how she did it.


2 comments:

Wen said...

Thank you for featuring my work, Flown, a second in a Nest Series. The first one was called Leaping Point and is being shown in Quilt National.

Cindy Green said...

Wow, Norma, sounds like a fantastic show. The one by Gloria Hansen really does look 3 dimensional. I doubt I'll get to the show so thanks for sharing these!