Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baltic, Russian Trip

No, I really didn't fall off the face of the earth, but I was away for two weeks on a fabulous Baltic/Russian tour. Here I am with my travel companions: L to R, my sister, Ruth, me, Claire, Liz and Mickey in front of the iconic St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow at the end of our trip. I took well over 500 pictures and I won't bore you with them all, but will try to show a few each day for the next few days in chronological order.

The trip far exceeded my expectations, being full of history, culture and beauty. We had great weather, Fall-like and no rain and even the food was wonderful. This was a Tauck Tour, so the hotels were 5 star and the restaurants the best. And the five of us had such a good time together. This is the same infamous group that terrorized Japan three years ago. So many laughs and so much fun. Oh, yes, the funny gray earmuffs we are wearing are the listening devices used by the tour guides. They really are terrific, since you can even wander away a little to take a picture and hear what the guide has to say.

Please come back tomorrow or the next day to see what we were up to. I still have to label my pictures and try to remember what was what.

1 comment:

Maxine Oliver said...

Welcome home...I see you had a great time and your pictures are wonderful. I really enjoyed them...Maxine