For this piece I used a piece of red Duponi silk backed with cotton batting. This time I used a double needle that had the needles 1/4" apart. I was thrilled with the results. It looks like I have cording in it, but I don't. I did four strips of stitching on the one big piece of silk, thinking that I would cut them apart and piece them into other fabrics. Now I'm not so sure. I like the look of it as a whole piece. Since our finished work is to be 30 inches square and this piece measures about 23 x 19, this would take up a major portion.
I'm not sure what I want to do in the blank spaces. I used this technique last year on a quilt and I really liked it. I used heavy jean's stitch thread and think that I may try this on the red, but I'll make some practice runs first.