Friday, November 9, 2018

New Work

The Fairfield County section of SAQA is putting on a show in April. The theme chosen is Garden Party and I knew immediately what I wanted to do. I have a ton of rose pictures, not from my garden, but from rose gardens I have visited.

I was pleased with the way Luscious Lilies turned out. That was done to save an uninspiring quilt, but this time I would do it as its main purpose. I had some lovely ice dyed fabrics left from another piece and had just enough to do the background for this one.

This is 17 inches square and will be put onto a 20 inch black canvas. Although it is not due until April, I won't be here so I have to turn it in ahead of time.



I took my photos into Photoshop and put the Posterize filter on them, giving them more of a painterly look.


The background is quilted in a leaf and floral design.


I like the way the quilting shows on the back.



I had a rose left over so I made it into my label. I'm calling it "I Never Promised You".
I'm sure you can figure out where that came from.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.


6 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

This piece is so lovely Norma!!

Linda M said...

You do flowers so well! The colors are perfect.

DonnaleeQ said...

Just lovely, beautiful work.

sonja said...

lovely last rose appearing on back of your quilt a nice touch!

Sarah said...

I remember your lilies from before! The roses have turned out well. Lovely quilting too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very pretty - good luck with your show