Saturday, November 24, 2018

Simple Pleasures

Last weekend was the official start of the holiday season in these parts. The Garden Club of Danbury puts on their annual Holiday Luncheon, in which a big name floral designer demonstrates his or her art. This year it was Wolfgang Thom from NYC, very charming and talented. He made eight arrangements that were then raffled off. I did not win one, boo hoo. The club also has a Tasty Treat table and a Boutique table, selling all kinds of holiday decorations, all made by members.

I was smitten by this adorable altered book angel, made by club member, Pat Watson. She is made from a vintage hymn book. I thought that she would be perfect on my small hall table and she is. Notice her curls which are made from magazine pages.


I'm not starting my decorating until next week, after my show opening, but I had to put her out early. She does make me smile.

1 comment:

DonnaleeQ said...

I won't start Christmas decorations until the first week in December. I do want to get my Christmas quilts on the wall this coming week though. We have guests coming for dinner and I would like to at least start some Christmas spirit. I love your little song book decoration. It is really a very cleaver idea and really cute.