Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Creativity

As I have in the past several years, I went to my niece's for Thanksgiving and as always her creativity in cooking and table decor were over the top.  She never does the same thing twice.

I forgot to take pictures of her Pumpkin Martinis that we imbibed before dinner with scrumptious appetizers.  She coated the martini glass rims with crushed graham crackers and it tasted like an alcoholic pumpkin pie (which I love) in a glass.

I did take a few pictures

This year her tablecloth was an embroidered silk with couched ribbons.  The roses and tulips were a perfect shade of apricot and the pumpkins were silver to coordinate with the silver chargers.





The soup was pumpkin/peach with a creme fraiche and toasted pumpkin seed garnish. I didn't take pictures of the rest of the meal, but it was the traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings and everything was delicious.  I love Thanksgiving.

At my house this weekend I will be taking my Autumn decor down and starting to decorate for Christmas.  It's a huge undertaking and getting harder to do as I get older, so I am hiring a young man to get the two trees and all the trimmings from the basement, but I will do everything else myself.  I know it's a lot of work and most of my friends are scaling back, but I love the way the house looks and I will keep doing it as long as I can.  

2 comments:

RBCochran said...

Lovely. And I love seeing your Christmas decor.

Quilt Inspiration said...

Hi Norma, what a fabulous Thanksgiving party. That table setting is beautiful and very creative. Looks like a lot of fun. Loved the presentation of the soup. What a talented cook and decorator !
Looking forward to seeing photos of your Christmas decorations!

Best wishes, from Marina and Daryl