Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm a Centerfold Girl!

Now, you knew it wasn't that kind of centerfold, but I was delighted to find out that my quilt was one of five quilts chosen for the current issue of the SAQA Journal. SAQA (Studio Art Quilts Associates), of which I am a member, is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development and documentation. A quarterly journal is published. Since I joined about seven years ago I have seen the publication grow from a small black and white newsletter with no photographs and minimal content to the professional, glossy, colored publication that it is today. There are many interesting editorials, articles and reviews in each issue and lots of pictures. Each issue now features one type of quilt in the centerfold. In this issue the theme was Red.

I entered my Poppies quilt on line way back in June. I wasn't sure if my photo had gone through and I never heard back from anyone, so I was surprised and thrilled to see the photo of my quilt when I returned from my trip. The other quilts are stunning; sorry that you can only see 2 1/2 of them.

4 comments:

Quilt Inspiration said...

This is exciting. What a beautiful layout ! How wonderful to have your work featured in this prestigious journal. Sincere congratulations!

Betty Warner said...

Norma, I noticed your quilt in the journal. Also, when I received my copy of Joen Wolfrom's new book, that there were two of your quilts in there. Congratulations to you! It's wonderful that your work is out in the world.
Betty Warner

Anonymous said...

Norma, I saw your quilt in the journal too and meant to email you. Well done! It looks great.
When you go to Houston will you look up my photo in the Eye of the Quilter exhibit. I'd love to see a picture of it hanging in its environs.

Sue said...

You are making a big splash everywhere !! So happy that your talents are recognized by the art community.
Have fun in Houston....I look forward to being there through your pictures.
Bend Oregon is a big retirement and recreation area. We spent several days at Sunriver one year. And Portland is always a perfect trip.