Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Bowl

I have often admired the work of Chihuly, the glass artist, and coveted one of his wave bowls, but the prices were something I wouldn't even consider. On my recent trip, we visited the town of Wertheim, Germany, known for their glass blowing. When I saw this bowl by an artist who had worked with Chihuly I knew I was in trouble. While his prices were nowhere near Chihuly, they were still expensive, but it didn't take long for me to succumb. And I knew I had the perfect spot to display it.

The icing on the cake was that he would ship it for free with no VAT (value added tax). It arrived the other day in perfect condition . I put it just where I thought I would, in my small living room on the glass top table. I clustered three small glass blown paper weights at one end of the table to offset it.
The bowl came with a DVD about the town and the glass blowing process. It also showed the making of one of these wave bowls from beginning to end, a fascinating process.

No comments: