Monday, January 3, 2011

Challenge #2


I had enough of that purple dotted fabric left from the challenge (see my last post) to make a second. I decided to go with the brightness of the fabric and play it up instead of down. The strips are pieced in and the circles are fused. The name came to me right away, "Shazam!", and like the first one it's 12" square. I think we can only submit one piece and I may like this one better. What do you think?




You can hardly see all the quilting I did in the background. I went around all those little circles with purple thread.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, Norma, your work intrigues me. You always come up with an extra bit of interest in a challenge piece. I miss you and the Scraps so much!

Anita in AZ

Quilt Inspiration said...

This is wonderful ! Very 'mod', very creative...and bright :) Thank you for sharing this.

Unknown said...

Nice job on your challenge pieces. I think you should give Debbie both and let her decide whether to use one or the other or both.
Margaret

Maxine Oliver said...

Your challenge is wonderful as usual. I like the 2nd one better. I'm afraid my is rather dull by comparison. I think I'll go post mine now....

Yvonne said...

I came to your site via Maxine's. I am in awe of you talented ladies. Creating works of art using your imagination, fabric and thread boggles my little mind!