Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm still here

Just a little something to let you know that I'm still alive and well and working. This is going to be part of a cute little fleece jacket with embossed velvet collar and cuffs. I embossed the collar yesterday and just draped it on my dress form and it has inspired me to go on. I love this velvet! As you can see, it embosses to a wonderful silver color. The fleece is the burgundy color. Ignore the raggedy edges; it has to be sewn to the under collar. I'll post the jacket when it's done. Hopefully soon!

3 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It looks like it will be a great jacket. Just how to you emboss fleece?

Norma Schlager said...

I'm not embossing the fleece, just the velvet. For that you need a sturdy rubber stamp and rayon/acetate velvet. Place the stamp print side up and your velvet on it right side down. Spritz lightly with water and press down on wrong side of velvet for several seconds with a hot, dry iron. It a little tricky because you're working upside down and basically blind, but you can get some fun results. I love this stamp with three circles.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Thanks for answering my question, I look forward to you posting the finished piece! Such an interesting process.