Saturday, January 22, 2011

Aggravation!


Remind me not to make another jacket in the near future. Are you listening, Ruthie? This jacket has given me so much grief. First of all, working on this bargain fleece from Joanne's was no treat and then adding slithery velvet to the mix just made it worse.
Next was the sizing. If I buy a top or jacket in the store, I am almost always a size 8. But I went by the measurements on the back of the Simplicity pattern and made a 12 and it is still too small. The fronts are supposed to overlap and button. Not gonna happen, so I will just leave it open. I'm going to sew on the four buttons I bought, two on either side for a little trim. It still has to have topstitching all around the front and collar and I have to hem the sleeves.




My success for the day was the Oxtail Bourguignonne I made from a Bon Appetit recipe. It has taken all day, but I just snuck a taste and it is delicious, well worth the effort and I will eat it all week.


2 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

Norma, this jacket looks much, much better than Jo-Ann's bargain fleece! Your collar/cuffs really add pizzaz. Bet you get lots of oohs and aahs when you wear it.

Vivien Zepf said...

I think the jacket looks lovely too. In fact, I think I probably like it better as something that hangs open, rather than closed.

Your supper looks magnificent. Yum!