Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Small Works Show

 A local gallery/frame shop, Art and Frame of Danbury, is having a small works all-media show opening this Saturday, Dec. 8.  The pieces can be no larger than 13" on any side, including frame.  This gallery is friendly to fiber, having had a one woman fiber show recently.  After this show closes they will be having a strictly fiber show, open to anyone, so I will be sure to enter a few things.

The postcard shows the display from last year's show.




I foolishly only photographed one of my three pieces.  It is six inches square on a 1 1/2" x 6" canvas.  I painted the sides to match the background fabric, not an easy feat.  I kept mixing and changing until I got a perfect match. 

Although I have a regional SAQA meeting out of town that day, I am going to try to make the opening.  The owner said it was very popular last year.  If  you are  in the area, please stop by.  The show will hang until Jan. 20.





1 comment:

Martha Ginn said...

A charming piece! Your ginkgo leaves are so rich on their compliment--what a good way to show them off at their best.