Sunday, October 11, 2009

More Photoshop Fun

Yesterday I watched a free episode of the Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims with their guest artist Beth Wheeler talking about her newest book, Next Steps in Altered Artistry. She was showing some beautiful quilts that she had made using photos that she had altered in Photoshop and printed on fabric. She talked about a filter in PS called Displacement, one that most people are not familiar with. After the video I went to PS and tired to use the Displacement filter and was totally confused.

Lo and behold today Beth went on the Quiltart list and directed us to a free video through her blog, Confessions of a Thread Junkie. You can find the link here. She gave step by step directions which I followed to get these abstractions. This Stargazer Lily


turned into this abstraction.

And these day lilies



turned into this. What fun!


On this one I just took a Stargazer picture that I had already Posterized (see my last post) and added a Poster Edge filter. I think this is pretty cool.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all these ideas, but I have things swirling in my mind. The possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

These could make very cool quilts!