Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Next Quilt

I came back from Quilt National with renewed enthusiasm and a resolve to send more time in my studio. So far so good. I have finished one quilt, shown in yesterday's blog, then spent all yesterday morning cleaning up the huge mess I had made. Then I reorganized what was left of the grays (quite a bit) and went through my turquoises, since that's what I decided to use as my second color for my next Gray Plus One challenge quilt. I do like this color combination. I had two yummy gray Dupioni silk pieces in my stash and one scrumptious dark turquoise, or teal Dupioni silk.  I bought some embroidery thread and Pearle cotton yesterday and I might do some hand stitching. I also have a lot of turquoise beads in my stash so I pulled a few of those. Now to get to work.


After I had made my lunch yesterday, I looked at the plate and thought that it was so pretty that I had to take a picture. I love the yellow and reds against the blue and white plate. This summer has been one of the best for peaches. Usually I throw away more than I eat since they are either sour, hard as a rock, mealy or mushy. This summer they have been sweet and juicy, the eat-over-the-sink-with-the-juice-running-down-your-arm variety. I also have delicious cherry tomatoes growing on my deck. The orange ones are "Sun Gold' and the red are "Super Sweet One Hundreds" Both are very sweet. I know that this sounds like a strange combination, but the peach and tomato combo is fabulous. I also happen to be very fond of cottage cheese so this makes a perfect summer lunch for me.

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Ooo, those turquoises are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what comes of the combination with the grays.

Your lunch does look beautiful and Healthy! No wonder you look so great!