Friday, June 23, 2023

Progress

I have finished June, way ahead of time. I think that it went faster doing all the interconnected circles. Not sure why because I was still sewing on each block. I used variegated size 8 Perle cotton on almost every block.

Next month I doing something entirely different. Come back next week to see what it is.



A half a year gone by. Wow how did that happen? 


 Almost every year I make a 12" x 12"quilt for the SAQA auction in September. This year I am using a piece that was made for another challenge for the quilt guild, of which I was a member. The theme was Yellow Brick Road. It is made entirely of hand sewn buttons and I love it. But it was just hanging around here and I thought it would be good for the auction. It was fun to work on and look at all the different buttons and hopefully someone else will love it, too. I will tell you more about the auction when it gets closer and how you bid  online.





All Buttoned Up
I like the ombre affect and I have tabs on the back so that you can hang it in any orientation that you like. Why, WHY didn't I take a picture of the back before I sent it away?

I'm working on a whole new project and I will tell more about it next week.

I'm linking up With Off the Wall Friday

6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

all buttoned up! awesome work! Love it the color, movement texture. It'll go fast betcha.
those little embroidered feet... ack, how tender! Love your embroidery too... the whole thing is precious
LeeAnna

Rebecca Grace said...

Both of these projects are fabulous, Norma!

dq said...

Yellow Brick Road - LOVE IT! I will be anxious to see what your new project will be.

Marnie Haines said...

Good evening, Norma,
We've been settling in up north so I have missed your blog for two weeks. First, I hope that your finger is healing well so that you can continue your fabulous creations. The embroidery certainly is an ongoing creative record of the year and I look forward to learning more about July's interpretation. The button creation is downright terrific. I would love to hear more about bidding on this delightful work, or is bidding limited to your guild? Regardless the color, texture and movement really work together.
Cheers to you and all that gives you inspiration.
Marnie Haines

kathy loomis said...

Hi Norma, so sorry to hear of your health problems -- sounds like it was pretty scary there for a while. Glad you're home.

Is your daily stitching getting bigger or is that just distortion in the photo? Looks like June is noticeably longer than the previous months. Are you going to stick with the joined circles? They add such energy to the piece.

For this month, try six or eight pointed stars that are just three or four straight lines crossing at the center. So easy, so sparkly, you can fill a whole sky in a minute or two.

John Hudson said...

Beautiful hand work, happy to see your skills.