Saturday, June 10, 2023

Daily Stitching

 I'm moving right along with June. I am using mostly DMC variegated threads for this month, especially for the circles that take up more than one block. 


I did have some old bargain brand variegated floss in my stash and there is no comparison with the quality. The Perle is so easy to use and not having to split the floss is a plus. I would say that the Perle is about equal two strands of floss.



I'm also  trying to use some of the stitches that I used in my big circle in a square project from last year. On the purple circle I used a zig-zag chain stitch and for the blue I used Wheat stitch. surprisingly easy. The yellow/orange uses my good old fallback chain stitch, but for the upcoming circles I will try to do something different. 





Peonies are in full bloom. I love my new yellow that is a cross between a tree peony and a herbaceous peony. so pretty, I wish they lasted longer.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

No comments: