Monday, September 22, 2014

On the Road Again

I just got Brown Planet back from its year of traveling when I was asked by a friend whose husband works for Google if I would be interested in having my quilt hang on loan at their New York City headquarters. They have a brand new policy of hanging art and her husband had seen a picture of my quilt and thought that it would be a good fit for a large brick wall they have.  Of course I said yes and it was hung on Sunday.


The quilt is about 7 feet long by 4 feet high.

The colors in this picture are true.  For some reason the first one looks bluish. Isn't it interesting that my "bricks" in the quilt are almost the size as the bricks on the wall?  It certainly wasn't planned that way.


You may remember that this was a collaboration with Kathy Loomis and that was displayed on the label. Actually they are replacing this sign that I mounted on foam core with a printed one that will be framed. The quilt will not be for sale and this space is not open to the public, but I still thought it was good exposure.  It will be there for about three months unless I need it back sooner.  Better there than rolled up on my shelf.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norma
It looks fantastic!
Carole

Vivien Zepf said...

Fabulous! Congratulations!

Lorraine said...

Norma this is fascinating! Congratulations! Lorraine

Linda M said...

A perfect accent for that brick wall!

Betty Warner said...

This is awesome, Norma.

Martha Ginn said...

Norma, that is just great! I've watched Brown Planet "grow up" and love where it is traveling. Congratulations!

Hilary Florence said...

It looks fabulous and what a perfect setting. How great to have it displayed. Wonderful

Christine Staver said...

Norma, love how this looks especially against the brick wall. What a neat quilt.

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Wow! Google's NY office! So cool. Good for you. It looks stunning there. My daughter lives in NYC and one of her good friends works there. I will tell her friend to go check it out!