Monday, September 29, 2014

Pink Martini

Last weekend my friend Kathie organized an evening that revolved around a concert by the
Pink Martini musical group.  They hail from Portland, OR and are absolutely fabulous.  It was clearly one of the best theater performances  I have ever seen.  If they are ever anywhere near you, rush to see them.  You won't be disappointed.

Kathie has a very large house (that is on the market since she is moving to Florida) and she loves to entertain.  This was a ladies only night and she had a pre-concert cocktail and dinner party at her home.  Guests were requested to wear pink and there was every shade of pink from palest shell to shocking and everything in-between. We were also asked to bring something pink to eat and it was amazing what diversity there was.  She served pink martinis, of course, and rose wine.

The pictures are in no particular order, bur I hope you can get a sense of the good time had by all.  No pictures of me since I was taking them.




Tables were set up in three rooms with the expected color tablecloths.

How's this for a fabulous pink outfit on  Georgette?

Not the best picture of our hostess with the mostess, but the best I had, of her carving up the pink-in-the-middle steak.






Goodie bags were hanging from the staircase ealing in the foyer.  Each guest had a pink martini-glass name tag. 



Contents of the goodie bags.



These were not at the party, but I thought I could sneak in this bouquet of pink Knock-Out roses that I had picked that day from my garden





1 comment:

Hilary Florence said...

What can I say? I was, of course, tickled pink by all this...