Monday, April 29, 2013

Mahopac Show

Yesterday was the opening of the FANE show at the Mahopac Libary.  It was a splendid da
y, weather-wise, and we had a nice turnout.  As I had hoped guests were able to drift onto the balcony and sip their wine and overlook the Mahopac river.  I don't think that too many libraries have a view like that.

I'm only going to  show a few pictures of my friends' work who are also members of FiberWorks, one of my other fiber groups.  All of the pictures will be up on the FANE blog soon and I will let you know when they're there.

In this show, called Poetic Fragments, each participant had to make a piece inspired by a line of poetry or song. Each piece had to consist of more than one element and that had to fit within a 14 inch square. They were all mounted on 18" square artist canvases.

NIke Cutsumpas--Blue Grass

Norma Schlager--To Time

Andrea Shedletsky--Arrangement in Gray and Black
Paula West---Leaves Compared
Barbara Drillick--Enkindled Spring


As part of my jam-packed weekend, I went into NYC to see Matilda on Saturday.  It was such a fun show, based on the children's book of the same name by Roald Dahl. 

1 comment:

Martha Ginn said...

Beautiful exhibit! The presentations on gallery-wrapped canvas are very pleasing. Now I'll go check the FANE site to see more of them.
Martha