Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just a Dusting

They predicted snow last night and into today, but this is all we got. Here in Connecticut they're calling it "the winter that never was" and that's fine with me. After last winter's record breaking snow totals (72" here in Danbury) and frigid temps that left the state with collapsing flat roofs and decks and then this year's disastrous Halloween storm with 17" of snow on top of trees still in leaf that crippled the state with downed trees and wires, we deserve a break.
I'm sure that the snow plowers and skiers are unhappy, but this weather suits me fine. I just got back from a nice brisk walk and now I'm settling into my studio. Maybe I'll finish my fish panels today. I hope.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

What a great photo! In the west we are experiencing the same lack of winter, this morning it's 38 degrees and raining.