Saturday, February 4, 2012

Celebrate

My small quilt group meets weekly at members' homes and since we are such a small group, I get to be hostess every 7 or 8 weeks. When choosing our dates, I always ask for one near a holiday, if there is one, because I like to decorate with a theme. I guess it's the old elementary school teacher in me who loved to do bulletin boards.

Here's my table from yesterday's meeting, everything in pink or red.


My niece gave me these silicone cupcake molds last year for Christmas along with a Martha Stewart cupcake cookbook. Of course the plastic saucers don't go in the oven, but the cups do and can be used over and over. I made Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, recipe from the book, quite good if I do say so myself.


The recipe made 24 cupcakes, so I froze the unfrosted ones to use at a book club meeting later in the month. The remaining frosted ones went under this hand painted domed cake plate painted by my sister a few years ago. Isn't it pretty?

I went out to dinner with a group of friends last night and we came back here for dessert, more cupcakes! Yum! Today is my birthday and I was so fortunate to get to celebrate twice yesterday with two different groups of friends. I count my blessings.

Today will be a quiet day with me working in my studio and then out to see the new Glen Close movie tonight with friends. Life is good!

3 comments:

Funky Diva said...

Happy Belated Birthday Norma. Your table and cupcakes looked just beautiful. You must be very talented in that area. Maggie Winfield

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day Norma. You can entertain me any day!!
Carole Hoffman

Sarah said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Love your cupcake moulds. Everything cupcake is very big in the UK. I guess its the same with you!