Friday, September 11, 2009

SAQA meting

On Wednesday I attended a region SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) meeting at the home of our regional director Kate Themel. Kate is an incredible fiber artist and we were treated to a tour of her studio and saw several of her finished works, ready for a show. Since the date was 9/09/09 we were asked to participate in a postcard exchange, using the number 9 as our theme. I was fortunate to get Kate's card, "Nine Lives" Be sure to click on the picture to see all her wonderful quilting. I made a card called "Nine Wiggly Pink Stripes" and neglected to take a picture of it.
We had a lively round of Show and Tell with some fabulous work shown. I showed my two latest gray quilts and told about the problems I'm having with my rusted quilt (yes, I'm still working on it). There have been so many art related occasions lately, good to get my creative juices flowing. I have a lot of ideas, now I just have to get them all done. Deadlines are approaching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the cat!

CCC