Friday, October 25, 2019

25 Million Stitches

I am participating in a project to raise awareness of the 25 million plus refugees around the world. You can read all about it here and see more pictures of what other participants have done. I was inspired by Linda McLoughlin, a blog buddy, who showed hers last week. She does the most incredible hand stitching every day and blogs about it weekly. She is doing three oversized hands in shades of brown. I am also doing hands, but mine are all traced from real hands, adults, kids, male and female in varying bright colors.


We are to use unbleachd muslin or vintage linens. I chose two vintage damask napkins that I pieced and cut to the required width, 15 inches. The damask is a joy to work on since I am not using a hoop. Right now it is 40 inches long, but I am leaving the bottom ten inches blank for now, just in case I run out of steam. They can be anywhere from 30 to 60 inches long. I will scatter my hands, as you see here, and them possibly have some overlapping. This is good TV work, since all you need to concentrate on is having the stitches fairly even and keeping the piece flat.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

Linda M said...

The different sizes look great, maybe I'll have to do a second one.

Sarah said...

This is a great idea. I'm impressed by how even your stitches are without using a hoop!

Vivien Zepf said...

What an interesting idea.