Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sun #6

Remember me? I'm the one who used to blog at least once a week. Being out of the house and my studio for a week and then getting into gardening mode, I just haven't had anything to show. But I did finish this sun block where I had to "put objects in a grid".




I had fun with this one, even though I did a lot of ripping out and doing over. I used a fabric marker by Crayola on the upper left yellow sun and the two on the far right. They were the easiest to do.


For the other suns I used Pearl Ex Pigment Powers. I had purchased these several years ago and then never really know how to use them. For the center sun with the spiral I mixed the gold powder with yellow paint. I didn't think the metallic showed up very well, I mixed the other powers with textile medium and I was very pleased with those results.


This was Super Copper and it looks very metallic, especially against the dark blue.




This powder was Pink Gold. I also use Sparkling Gold for the sun at the bottom of the block.




And here they are all together. The next card that I drew was Positive/Negative. I hope to work on that this week. 

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

4 comments:

Linda M said...

I love these! I have pearl ex powders that I've never used also. I may have to give them a try.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!! How creative is that! I love the piece!!

quiltedfabricart said...

Your suns are so unique and creative! And how nice to be getting into summer to be able to enjoy the sun bringing our lovely foliage and gardens back to life.

irene macwilliam said...

so unusual and cheerful, love the change of scale in top right hand block.