Monday, May 8, 2017

Finally....Sun # 5

Yep, I finally finished my hand embroidered sun a few days ago. I would have been done sooner, but I wasn't satisfied with the face. As my sister pointed out, she looked sad and I agreed, so I laboriously picked out all the stitching, using the tips of my very sharp Gingher embroidery scissors and a tweezer. I made a new face separately and buttonhole stitched around the edges. Again, as my sister said, this new one looks quite pleased with herself.

I only used a few stitches: running stitch variations, chain stitch, French knots, outline stitch, and button hole.

The little tendrils around the edges were an afterthought. I thought that it looked a little static with just the sharp points. Of course, that added to the time. I'm glad it's finished and I will definitely send this one into CBS.

The next card that I drew was "Put objects in a grid pattern" and I think I know exactly what I'm going to do. I will be out of my studio and my house for a few days. I am having all the floors on the first floor done over. I am taking out the hated tile in my kitchen and replacing it with hardwood and having all the rest of the hardwood floors refinished to match in a nice mellow color, a bit darker than what I have now. Fortunately my sister lives two doors down from me so I will move in with her and will be close enough to check in on the progress. Tomorrow the movers are coming to move all the furniture into the garage for the duration. It's been a LOT of work because I had to empty china closet, book cases, etc, etc, take down pictures, put away all accessories but I think I'm going to love it when it's done.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Love it!! The stitching is gorgeous.
Wow, getting ready for floors is hard work, lucky you it will only be a few days. My hubby did ours and it took a whole lot longer and we lived around the mess.