Wednesday, April 19, 2017

New Sun

I finished my Sunday Morning Sun using natural dyed fabrics for the External Forces project that my FiberWorks group is doing. You can read more about the project here. Although I had many disappointments in my dyeing experiments, I was pleased with my little sun. I used fabric dyed with turmeric for the face and fabric dyed with carrots, beets and blackberries for the rays. I enhanced the rays with indelible markers because the color was so pale. Everything was fused, no sewing involved. The background is my hand dyed fabric.




I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday

4 comments:

Regina B Dunn said...

Just fabulous. I'm sure it will make it onto Sunday Morning.

Pam said...

Very inventive! I used to use vegetable dyes from bark and grasses and leaves years ago when I was spinning wool and weaving. It is lots of fun but natural dyes (if you want them colorfast-that is no beets or purple cabbage) the range of colors is limited. I got lots of yellows, greens, browns etc.

Linda M said...

Good use of the fabrics, the sun is great. Your niece's Easter looked fabulous as always.

LA Paylor said...

aren't you somethin'!! That is so clever as is all the work that went into dying it. For Pete's sake, the food waste and time. Well you learned a lot and the finished fabric does have a quality not found in other dyes. Imagine all the people over the years dyeing with natural products... LeeAnna