Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter at Lauren's

I know that some of you look forward to seeing what my niece has done this year. She has moved again to a much smaller house, but she managed to make it just a festive and delicious as aways.


Her table was so pretty, altho I missed the fabulous big white china bunnies she had used last year. Since she doesn't like to do the same thing two years in a row, I'll have to wait until next year to see them again. The flowers, of course, are all fresh.




I was happy to see the white china geese that I had given her on top of her corner cabinet. They had been in my former home for years, but I had no place to display them in my current home. 





The "flowers" on top on the tarte are actually rolled strips of veggies, mostly rainbow carrots, which come in many colors. It was very tasty. It was hard to photograph, the "flowers" were not this dark in person.





She always makes the best deviled eggs. These used cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Yummy!



She has a nice big backyard, perfect for the Easter egg hunt. We had five children participating, very organized this year with each child having their own color of eggs.....pink for Millie, blue for Charlie, and so on.  Weather-wise it couldn't have been a better day....in the low 80's with a nice breeze and no humidity.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter. I sure did!

No comments: